(原诗属五步抑扬格,交韵6节;拙译每行10字,各以全韵谐之。-欢迎针砭!)
一千年之前,我便已身故, I who am dead a thousand years,
遗下这和谐的古老歌赋。 And wrote this sweet archaic song,
给你吧,因为,在迢递之路-Send you my words for messengers
我已然无力再向前举步。 The way I shall not pass along.
我并不在乎你漂洋过海, I care not if you bridge the seas,
以及那叱咤风云的能耐, Or ride secure the cruel sky,
或是否以金属还是石块- Or build consummate palaces
营建起华丽的宫殿、楼台。 Of metal or of masonry.
但你还有没有音乐、美酒? But have you wine and music still,
雕塑的群像、恋人的明眸? And statues and a bright-eyed love,
善良与罪恶的蠢俗念头- And foolish thoughts of good and ill,
并且向着它们膜拜、祈求? And prayers to them who sit above?
当晚风吹开了梦幻之花, How shall we conquer?Like a wind
我们还怎么去攻战、征伐? That falls at eve our fancies blow,
三千年前的盲诗人荷马- And old Maeonides the blind
曾这样发问,又如何作答? Said it three thousand years ago.
呵,尚未出世的陌生友人, O friend unseen, unborn, unknown,
师承咱优雅英语的学生- Student of our sweet English tongue,
独独在夜间念我的遗韵: Read out my words at night, alone:
我生为诗人,我也曾年青。 I was a poet, I was young.
鉴于我不可能睹君尊容, Since I can never see your face,
更无缘搂抱你-双手紧拥; And never shake you by the hand,
穿越时空,我把灵魂掬捧- I send my soul through time and space
你会理喻这祝愿的深衷! To greet you. You will understand.
-by James Elroy Flecker(1884 -1915 )
[附]:流沙河译本-(待录)
评论