(原诗五步抑扬格,韵式为ABBA CDDC EE FGGF;拙译
每行10字,以各节全韵谐之。—欢迎切磋针砭!)
I am afraid, oh I am so afraid!
我害怕哟,怕得这般模样!
The cold black fear is clutching me tonight
—我极度地颤栗,彻夜恓惶,
As long ago when they would take the light
一如久远前,人们举着亮,
And leave the little child who would have prayed,
撇下那小孩—他早已冻僵,
Frosen and sleepless at the thought of death.
想到死,睡不着,祈祷不已。
My heart that beats too fast will rest too soon;
我心狂悸,转瞬间将停息;
I shall not know if it be night or noon,
我将不清楚午间或夜里,
—Yet shall I struggle in the dark for breath?
—我还在黑暗中挣扎、呼吸?
Will no one flight the Terror for my sake,
没有人愿为我嘘走惊恐?
The heavy darkness that no dawn will break?
—那无以破晓的漆黑重重!
How can they leave me in that dark alone,
怎能撇下我独处于幽暗?
Who loved the joy of light and warmth so much,
我多么爱欢乐—光明、温暖!
And thrilled so with the sense of sound and touch,
声响与触感太毛骨悚然,
—How can they shut me underneath a stone?
—怎将我封闭在石碑下面?
评论